awkwardly

Thursday

Sopa Chez Deidzoeb

I thought spinach, tomato and onion would make a good mix of flavors in a soup. Using broth always seems like cheating, but everybody does it and I don't know how else to make good soups. So I started with that and kept adding. Maybe they blended nicely over night because it tastes better today.

Sopa Chez Deidzoeb

1 cup onions, diced
veg oil or olive oil
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
5 ounces spinach, chopped
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced (would have added more, but that's all I had)
5-6 cups chicken broth
cumin
leaf oregano
black pepper
salt?
1 can of garbanzo beans
some instant rice
some rizo or orzo pasta

Saute the onions in oil until they reach a state that you like. Add tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes.

Add broth. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.

Add mushrooms and garbanzo beans. Cook five minutes.

Add spinach and spices. Cook til wilted.

Then I added some instant rice and let it boil for five minutes. But it was still soupier than I prefer, so I added rizo pasta and let it boil ten minutes for that to finish.

Garnish with cat hair.

Serves several hundred if you get Jesus to pass out the bowls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home