awkwardly

Wednesday

Chased Thru Freakout Fields



No narrative in this one, just some funny or interesting clips I cobbled together from public domain movies. See if you can stand it. Pieces are taken from:

Beast from Haunted Cave (1959)
Death Warmed Up (1985)
Sword of Lancelot (1963)
Dragnet (6 Nov 1952)
The Battle of Russia (1943, Why We Fight part 5)
TNT Jackson (1975)
Attack from Space (1964)
Maciste in Hell (1925)
Evil Brain from Outer Space (1964)
Slipstream (1989)
Twister's Revenge! (1987)
Black Hooker (1974)
Algiers (1938)

Some background music is from "Piranha, Piranha" (1972). Clip from "Path to Basketcase" is used with Melinda's permission.

I wish I could take credit for that woman's scream turning into a jet landing, but I lifted it from TNT Jackson.

The audio files "080316 Dodge truck revving in driveway" by BoilingSand and "flyby" by krillion were used under a Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 license. Both files can be found on www.freesound.org.

While I'm at it, here's another video I haven't posted yet:
The Path to Basketcase: A Hero's Journey

"The Path to Basketcase: A Hero's Journey" is what you'd see on dvd extras if there was an extended, unrated 2-disc special edition dvd of Melsbasketcase.

I forgot to give credit for one of the photos. "The Hide & Leather House, Napa" from the Flickr stream of "Dan in LA", is used (I hope fairly) under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic License. (Is it derivative to show the complete photo in an unrelated video?)

Melsbasketcase theme is by Cody Montoya.

Over Xmas weekend, I watched a mess of dvd commentaries and special features, and I was sickened by the smarmy, gushing public relations events that pass for "making of" videos. So here's the result. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home