awkwardly

Monday

My comment made it to boingboing! sorta...

Boingboing.net posted about the educational cartoon on the VA's website depicting Gilgamesh as a soldier needing a "post-deployment health evaluation" (because he has PTSD or Gulf War syndrome. No, really, watch the damn thing). I desperately want acknowledgement from the boingers, so I've tried submitting stories I thought they'd like in the past. This time I had a comment, seemed a little trivial, but it might be up their alley. They posted it! Word for word exactly the email that I sent to Xeni Jardin! Xeni Jardin found something I wrote worthy of posting as a comment on boingboing! (Steady, Rob. Keep both hands active on the keyboard so they won't stray somewhere under the desk.)

But if you're a big enough geek to be excited about boingboing, you might not believe me that they posted my comment, because it looked just like this:

reader comment: someone whose name I accidentally deleted says,

Using Gilgamesh in a cartoon to explain "Post-Deployment Health Evaluations" sounds like a bizarre combination, but they're following a meme started by VA psychiatrist Jonathan Shay. His books include "Achilles in Vietnam: Combat Trauma and the Undoing of Character" and "Odysseus in America: Combat Trauma and the Trials of Homecoming".
That's what I get for using a forgettable, unpronouncable handle like "Deidzoeb".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home