awkwardly

Monday

RU-486 stands for Railroad, Underground. Check out this website by a non-profit organization "dedicated to providing emergency contraception for women in need": Emergency Kindness. I admire workarounds like these. It reminds me a little of the abortion service pirates in Europe, Women on Waves, who offer to pick up women on the coasts of countries with restrictive abortion laws and sail into international waters where the abortion performed on the ship suddenly becomes legal. (Pirates also took advantage of the unpoliced frontiers, but these people are doing it for a very good cause.)

Although I wouldn't have used the word "Kindness" in the title of this network, it sounds like a fair and reasonable idea. I wonder if they're setting themselves up for a fall by giving the pill away for free. Theoretically, some women who could afford the morning after pill and who aren't really restricted from buying it in their area could exploit the network. I assume they wouldn't really get a lot of scammers. Also I wonder if conservatives might try to exhaust and distract the network by making a lot of false orders for pills, in much the same way I donated $0 to Focus on the Family and requested they send $95 worth of videos and CDs. Given that I placed the order in August, I don't suppose they're ever really going to send it.
Abortion clinic in a shipping container, designed for performing abortions in international waters, away from jurisdiction of restrictive countries.
Above: The "Abortionship" Langenort in Holland, just before heading to Poland. Their mobile abortion clinic is conveniently set up inside a shipping container, so it can be moved easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home