awkwardly

Thursday

Unrelated interesting news & misc:
1. I sent a check to pay off my car this morning! This is the first large-but-finite bill that I've seen the end of in my adult life. Mileage is 140k, so I'm planning to save up all this money that I would have been putting on car payments, in case it starts needing major repairs in a few months. But it feels nice.

2. Sun Ra and The Blues Project Do Batman and Robin (MP3s).

3. ProQuest Company to Restate Historical Financial Statements (from press release on proquestcompany.com)
ANN ARBOR, Mich., Feb 09, 2006 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- ProQuest Company (NYSE: PQE), a publisher of information and education solutions, announced that during a review related to its internal controls assessment required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the company discovered material irregularities in its accounting. As a result, the company intends to restate certain of its previously issued financial statements.

The accounting irregularities that have been identified primarily affect ProQuest's Information and Learning division. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home